16th-19th July 2018
Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
35-41 Wharf Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Submit your abstract - COMING SOON
We will shortly be calling for abstracts for the Symposium.
In-scope: coral restoration; environmental manipulations; engineering solutions; prioritization; substrate enhancement; genetic interventions and assisted gene flow; crown-of-thorns starfish control; larval enhancement; management for resilience; biological enhancement (urchins, herbivorous fish etc); edu-tourism and citizen science; social license to intervene; developing business cases for restoration
Out of scope: General resilience research; climate change research (although we will include a keynote to give an overview); problem definition research; general bleaching process research.
● Oral Presentations (10 min oral presentations + 5 min question time). Emphasis on disseminating results from restoration projects, new research, industry collaborations, etc.;
● Speed Talks (5 min speed talk + 3 min question time) Shorter-format oral presentations with emphasis on project and/or research updates, upcoming projects, new ideas, etc.;
● Technical Talks (10 min 'how to' technical talks + 5 min question time). This format is designed to be more interactive and will allow the speaker an opportunity to present a method or process that supports coral restoration (e.g. shoot a video in the field on your mobile phone, run a social media campaign, propagating and micro-fragmenting corals);
● Poster Presentations (A1 sized poster). Standard posters will be displayed throughout the duration of the conference.
● Videos (5 mins max, to be played during break times). If you would like to show a video of your work or project, monitors showing these videos will be displayed at meal times and if time allows, these may also be shown during the plenary sessions.